To find an answer to your question, please click on the topic of your choice then the question that suits you. Click the " + " and " - " symbols to open and close the topics. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please feel free to Contact RQI . This will help us improve the "Frequently Asked Questions".
Choose your topic
Q1: Why does RQI communicate using different e-mail addresses?
RQI uses different email addresses for the following reasons:
1. A public address visible on this site is used primarily for incoming mail.
2. Since the major email providers (Outlook, Gmail) block or view private addresses as suspicious (spam), RQI will ideally use an e-mail address from the same provider as its contact to ensure that the message will be well received.
- Q2: What does RQI do with our personal data?1. Data collected by RQI is used for communication purposes only.
2. Your personal data, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason without your consent.
- Listening to RQI
- Q1: Can I listen to RQI via other online music sites?
- Q2: Can I use my own Media Player to listen to RQI?
Q3: I cannot connect to the RQI audio stream. Is this normal?
1. It is possible that RQI is performing maintenance and that its server is offline. If this is the case, you should hear an automated announcement message.
2. The RQI server is temporarily down and you are not hearing any messages. If this is the case, RQI will post a notice on its Facebook page (facebook.com/radioquebecintenational).
Q1: Can I know when a certain artists or musical selection will be aired?
1. No! The publication of our programming will remain general and only the schedule of our programs will be presented. The titles of the songs and the names of the artists are presented only on live broadcast.
2. The list of the 10 last song/artists is available online via the RQI Player / Upper right corner - Recently Played tab
Q2: The program I wanted to listen to was not broadcast at the indicated time. Is this normal?
RQI shows may be delayed by a few minutes depending on the duration of the pieces that are currently in progress. For example, if a show is scheduled for 10 AM and a 7 min 30 sec song is broadcast at 9:59, the show will be delayed by a little more than 6 minutes. Subsequently the program will be broadcast normally without interruptions.
Q1: Is the music broadcast by RQI legal?
Radio Québec International (RQI) is an enterprise licensed by SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada).
A SOCAN license gives businesses the freedom and flexibility to use virtually any music they want in their business or at their public event - legally, ethically, and easily.
Q2: I am an artist and I want RQI to withdraw one or more of my musical selections, what should I do?
Although RQI can legally broadcast all the musical selections contained in its programming, it remains open and comprehensible to authors, composers, performers and / or legal owners of musical selections who wish to have control over their creations (i.e broadcast or reproduction).
To request the removal of your audio file, simply contact RQI with the title of the song and the artist name. Please also provide contact information so that RQI can validate your request.
Q3: I object to certain comments made in a musical piece, what is my recourse?
By broadcasting 100 years of music and songs from Quebec, RQI is aware that some subjects may be occasionally shocking in our current cultural perspective or in our different value systems.
Through its goals, RQI is committed in disseminating all of Quebec's musical and sound heritage as historical and ethnological testimony. To do this, RQI intends to remain neutral in the face of the content of its programming. It prefers to leave to the listeners the power to relativize the values of the past and to confront them with our present values. To this end, RQI will defend the freedom of speech of the various artists and creators, whether or not it agrees with their viewpoints.
If you would like to submit your objection, please contact RQI with the title of the song and the artist name and the reason of your request.
Q1: Does RQI accept song requests?
In principle NO. However, you may request that new Quebec artists be included in the RQI's archives. Any suggestions are welcome.
Q2: Why are there typos in artist names and song titles?
1. The interface used to display song titles can misinterpet punctuation signs. This may give the impression that there may be in some cases, typing errors.
2. RQI tries to preserve as closely as possible, the original publications. A title may contain volontary typos (wordplay, irony, political or ideological positions).
3. In the case of the "Shellac and Bakelite" radio show, song titles are voluntarily retranscribed as originally published. By doing so, RQI wishes to preserve the authenticity of the pieces and allow listeners to grasp the nuances of the french language and Quebec expressions over time.
Q3: What is the meaning of the acronyms frequently used in your programming?
COO = Columbia Opera Orchestra
MET = Metropolitain Opera
MFO = Montreal Festivals Orchestra
OSM = Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal
SMCQ - Société de Musique Contemporaine du Québec
VSO = Victor Symphony Orchestra
c.19xx = circa 19xx (This means that the year is unknown but is probably within + or - 5 years)
- Upload your musical creations
Q1: Can "ALL" artists submit their work?
If you are a Quebec artist, Yes! However, in order to use the service, you must first read and accept the TERMS and CONDITIONS.
Q2: Does RQI accept artists using languages other than french and english?
Yes! If the artist is residing in Quebec, RQI will broadcast all musical creations, regardless of the language used.
Q3: Does RQI accept all types of music and sound creations?
Yes! Your musical creations should they be spoken, sung or only sound will be categorized according to their musical genre and will be included in our regular programming or one of our thematic programs.
Q4: I sent a song to RQI, can I ask for it to be withdrawn?
Yes absolutely! It is stipulated in the "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" that the piece is only loaned to RQI for an indefinite period. The artist can therefore request the withdrawal of the piece at any time.
Simply contact RQI with your artist name (or group name) and the title of the piece.
- Q2: What does RQI do with our personal data?
- Q1: Why does RQI communicate using different e-mail addresses?