To find an answer to your question, please click on the topic of your choice then the question that suits you. Click the " + " and " - " symbols to open and close the topics. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please feel free to Contact RQI . This will help us improve the "Frequently Asked Questions".
Choose your topic
Q1: Why does RQI communicate using different e-mail addresses?
RQI uses different email addresses for the following reasons:
1. A public address visible on this site is used primarily for incoming mail.
2. Since the major email providers (Outlook, Gmail) block or view private addresses as suspicious (spam), RQI will ideally use an e-mail address from the same provider as its contact to ensure that the message will be well received.
3. For registrations to the RQI Portal, a confirmation message will be sent automatically from a private address of the RQI servers. After registering to the Portal, it is strongly recommended to check your e-mail junk folder. Span> div>
- Q2: What does RQI do with our personal data?1. Data collected by RQI is used for communication purposes only.
2. Your personal data, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason without your consent.
- Listening to RQI
- Q1: Can I listen to RQI via other online music sites?
- Q2: Can I use my own Media Player to listen to RQI?
Q3: I cannot connect to the RQI audio stream. Is this normal?
1. It is possible that RQI is performing maintenance and that its server is offline. If this is the case, you should hear an automated announcement message.
2. The RQI server is down and you are not hearing any messages. If this is the case, RQI will post a notice on its homepage as well as on its Facebook page (facebook.com/radioquebecintenational).
Q1: Can I know when a certain artists or musical selection will be aired?
1. No! The publication of our programming will remain general and only the schedule of our programs will be presented. The titles of the songs and the names of the artists are presented only on live broadcast.
2. The list of the 10 last song/artists is available via our RSS feed in the footer menu below.
Q2: The program I wanted to listen to was not broadcast at the indicated time. Is this normal?
RQI shows may be delayed by a few minutes depending on the duration of the pieces that are currently in progress. For example, if a show is scheduled for 10 AM and a 7 min 30 sec song is broadcast at 9:59, the show will be delayed by a little more than 6 minutes. Subsequently the program will be broadcast normally without interruptions.
Q1: I am an artist and I wish RQI to withdraw one or more of my musical selections, what should I do?
Although RQI can legally broadcast all the musical selections contained in its programming, it remains open and comprehensible to authors, composers, performers and / or legal owners of musical selections who wish to have control over their creations, whether at the level of places of diffusion or reproduction.
To request that your pieces be removed, simply contact RQI with the titles of the pieces and the name of the artist. Please also provide contact information so that RQI can validate your request.
Q2: I object to certain comments made in a musical piece, what is my recourse?
By broadcasting 100 years of music and songs from Québec, RQI is aware that some subjects may be occasionally shocking in our current cultural perspective or in our different value systems.
Through its goals, RQI is committed in disseminating all of Québec's musical and sound heritage as historical and ethnological testimony. To do this, RQI intends to remain neutral in the face of the content of its programming. It prefers to leave to the listeners the power to relativize the values of the past and to confront them with our present values. To this end, RQI will defend the freedom of speech of the various artists and creators, whether or not it agrees with their viewpoints.
If you would like to submit your objection, please contact RQI with the title of the piece, the name of the artist and the reason of your request.
Q1: Does RQI accept song requests?
In principle NO. However, you may request that new Quebec artists be included in the RQI's archives. Any suggestions are welcome.
Q2: Why are there mistakes in artist names and song titles?
1. The interface used to display song titles can misinterpet punctuation signs of the French language. This may give the impression that there may be typing errors.
2. In the case of the "Shellac and Bakelite" radio show, song titles are voluntarily retranscribed as originally published. By doing so, RQI wishes to preserve the authenticity of the pieces and allow listeners to grasp the nuances of the French language and Quebec expressions over time.
Q3: What is the meaning of the acronyms frequently used in the song titles of the "Québec Classique" radio show?
COO = Columbia Opera Orchestra
MET = Metropolitain Opera
MFO = Montreal Festivals Orchestra
OSM = Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal
VSO = Victor Symphony Orchestra
- Upload your musical creations
Q1: Can "ALL" artists submit their work?
If you are a Quebec artist, Yes! However, in order to use the service, you must first sign up to the RQI Portal and accept the General Conditions of use.
Q2: Does RQI accept artists using languages other than french and english?
Yes! If the artist is a resident of Quebec, RQI will broadcast all musical creations, regardless of the language used.
Q3: I sent a song to RQI, can I ask for it to be withdrawn?
Yes absolutely! It is stipulated in the "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" that the piece is only loaned to RQI for an indefinite period. The artist can therefore request the withdrawal of the piece at any time.
Simply contact RQI with your artist name (or group name) and the title of the piece. For validation purposes, please also indicate the User Name you chose when signing up on the RQI Portal.
- Q2: What does RQI do with our personal data?
- Q1: Why does RQI communicate using different e-mail addresses?